(479) 783-0036
(800) 871-0036
24/7 Injury Helpline

Louisiana woman blames hoverboard for fire that destroyed her home

Posted on Thursday, December 31, 2015    

A Louisiana woman recently claimed that her son’s hoverboard was responsible for a massive fire that destroyed the family’s home. According to reports, Jessica Horne’s son received a hoverboard a few days before Thanksgiving. After using the device only once, he plugged it in so that its lithium batteries could recharge.

However, while the recharging process was still taking place, Horne claims that flames started to shoot from both ends of the hoverboard, and that her entire house was engulfed in flames within minutes of the fire starting.

While the hoverboard has been a popular gift for many this holiday season, there have been several incidents of injuries reported to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in recent months regarding this device, though none of the injuries have involved fire so far.

Officials with the Louisiana fire marshal’s office are currently investigating the circumstances of this house fire.

Dangerous products are a serious threat to consumers across the country. If you believe that you or a loved one suffered unnecessary harm because of a dangerous or malfunctioning product, the Fort Smith product liability attorneys at McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm are here to help. Call us today at (479) 783-0036 and learn more about what our dedicated team is ready to do to help you.