Fort Smith Emergency Room Errors Attorneys
If you or someone you love has suffered as a result of an emergency room error, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Contact a Fort Smith emergency room error lawyer from McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm today at (479) 783-0036 to discuss the details of your case. Injuries resulting from ER errors are a form of medical malpractice and should be taken seriously.
When you go to the ER, you expect your doctors to treat you with quick and competent care, but, unfortunately, the high-stress situation of many ERs leaves room for mistakes. Those mistakes can cause you pain and suffering, and McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm is here to ease the financial burden you may experience due to a doctor’s negligence.
Do I Need A Emergency Room Errors Attorney?
If you are suffering, the last thing you want to do is enter a long legal battle against a hospital with an experienced legal team in its defense. Having a lawyer on your side who is knowledgeable in the laws of medical malpractice and who has a proven track record winning cases like yours will ensure that your case will be fought thoroughly and fairly to help secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm to Handle My Case?
Our team of lawyers at McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm are grateful to have been helping the Fort Smith community seek compensation for their injuries for over 27 years and are proud to have earned the trust of the community.
At McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm, we adhere to a special Client Bill of Rights, which guarantees that we will always communicate with you about your case, be honest and thorough in our explanations, and allow you the final say in any decisions. This special agreement has allowed us to form close and trusting relationships with all of our clients, and come to satisfying conclusions on their cases.
Common Emergency Room Errors
There is much room for error in any hospital’s ER. Emergency rooms are busy places, and patients often arrive with life-threatening illnesses and injuries. This hectic environment can lead a health care professional to make careless decisions when trying to save lives. However, the high-stress nature of an ER is the exact reason why all doctors and nurses need to be methodical and careful in their care for you; the consequences can be severe.
Some common ER errors are:
- Failure to obtain an accurate medical history
- Failure to perform a thorough original physical exam
- Failure to rule out life-threatening conditions
- Delayed diagnosis, hasty diagnosis, misdiagnosis, or failure to diagnose
- Delay in treatment or necessary testing
- Use of contaminated materials or contaminated blood transfusions
- Patient dumping
- Failure to properly monitor a patient’s vitals
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors
If you are in the ER, you may be experiencing acute and severe pain due to an injury or illness that needs immediate and thorough attention. Some common injuries caused by ER errors include cardiac damage, loss of organs or loss of limbs, infection, or paralysis or death caused by misdiagnosis or failure to investigate underlying causes for acute symptoms.
Establishing Liability in an Emergency Room Errors Case
There are three basic conditions that need to be met in order to win a medical malpractice case and get compensation for ER error injuries:
- The existence of a doctor-patient relationship: This relationship is established relatively easily because there should be a record of care between you and your doctor. One meeting constitutes a relationship, and it does not have to be ongoing.
- The ER visit involved negligence: There is a standard of care that must be met by all doctors during treatment. Negligence occurs when a doctor fails to provide the quality of care that competent doctors in the same circumstances are expected to provide. We must legally demonstrate what the standard of care is and how that standard was breached.
- The patient was harmed by the negligence: Once negligence is established, there must be proof that it caused harm to the patient, which is where an experienced lawyer will be especially beneficial to your case. Harm can take many forms: pain and suffering, cost of medical bills for corrective treatment, loss of wages, emotional suffering, and more.
It is important to hold negligent doctors accountable and prevent them from making the same mistakes on other patients.
Contact an Emergency Room Attorney Today
The medical malpractice lawyers at McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm are dedicated to helping people in and around Fort Smith who suffered injuries caused by ER errors. Don’t hesitate to seek compensation for your injuries and hold negligent healthcare professionals responsible. Call us at (479) 783-0036 or fill out an online contact form for a free consultation today.