Fort Smith Rear-End Motorcycle Collision Attorneys
Have you been seriously injured or lost a loved one after another driver rear-ended your motorcycle? If so, McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm is here to help you get the justice and compensation that you deserve. Unlike other vehicles, motorcycles only have one row of brake lights to warn other drivers that the brakes are being applied and stopping is imminent. This important braking feature alerts other drivers that they should slow down, but sometimes it is not enough to catch their attention, and they may not notice in time to avoid an accident. Unfortunately, when motorcycles are rear-ended, their riders can be catastrophically injured.
Motorcycle accidents often result in costly medical expenses, hospital fees, rehabilitation costs, and missed time from work. At a time when you should be focused on recovering and spending time with loved ones, it is possible to be easily distracted and discouraged by the financial burden that has been forced upon you. McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm understands how difficult this time can be for many families, and we are here to help.
With decades of experience, we are dedicated to supporting the victims of rear-end motorcycle collisions with every ounce of knowledge we possess. We are active members of the community, and we believe in helping others. That’s why so many families in Fort Smith trust McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm with their sensitive legal matters. We don’t just care about success; we care about the well-being of each of our clients and their families. Contact McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm today so that we can schedule a free consultation to review the details of your accident. We operate on a contingency-fee basis, which means you don’t owe us anything if we don’t secure the rightful compensation that you deserve. Call us at (479) 783-0036, chat with us live on our website, or fill out our contact form.
Why You Need an Attorney
After a serious injury accident, insurance providers are required to analyze information regarding the accident and make appropriate payments. However, it is in the insurance company’s best interest to protect their profits, and this usually means victims are not offered the full compensation that they deserve.
Hiring a qualified motorcycle accident attorney is the only way that you can be sure that your interests are being looked out for. Your attorney will listen to your story, investigate the accident, consult with experts, and will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. If necessary, they may need to file a lawsuit to recover the full and fair compensation you are due. That’s why it is important to hire a law firm with experience handling motorcycle accident cases. Turn to the lawyers that motorcycle riders trust. Turn to McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm today.
Cases We Handle
Rear-end collisions involving motorcycles occur anytime another vehicle hits the back of the bike that is directly in front of it. McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm has successfully represented rear-end motorcycle collision claims across Arkansas, including accidents that were caused by the following reckless actions:
- Distracted Driving: When another driver fails to pay close attention to their surroundings, they may not realize that a motorcyclist has slowed or stopped in front of them. Texting while driving, talking on the phone, and performing other activities besides driving inside the vehicle can all lead to rear-end collisions.
- Failing to Maintain a Safe Distance: Sometimes drivers act aggressively and choose to tailgate or follow a motorcyclist too closely. Motorcycles weigh considerably less than passenger vehicles and commercial trucks, and they are able to stop more quickly than other types of vehicles. When the motorcyclist must quickly apply the brakes in emergency situations to avoid hitting an animal, person, or debris on the road, a driver who is following too closely may not be able to react in time.
- Ignoring Traffic Laws: One of the worst types of rear-end collisions for motorcyclists is when other drivers fail to stop at stop signs, ignore yield signs, or choose to run yellow lights. These instances are significantly more likely to cause injury because the motorcyclist is often injured at an intersection, forcing other vehicles in traffic to react as well.
- Speeding: As a vehicle’s speed increases, so does the amount of time it takes for that vehicle to come to a complete stop. Drivers who drive above the speed limit may not be able to stop in time to avoid a rear-end collision with a motorcycle.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Tires and brakes need to be maintained in order for vehicles to operate safely. When tires are worn or brake pads need to be replaced, it may be impossible for another driver to maintain control of their vehicle and stop in time.
- Ignoring Driving Conditions: The weather and conditions of the road should influence the way we drive. When drivers fail to safely adjust their speed, motorcyclists can be severely injured.
- Multiple Vehicle Accidents: When drivers stop too closely behind one another, a rear-end collision can cause a domino effect by pushing multiple vehicles into one another.
Drivers are responsible for maintaining safe distances from the vehicle in front of them in case of hazardous circumstances, such as the ones listed above. Because of this, rear-end collisions are almost always considered to be the fault of the driver who hit the other vehicle from behind.
Motorcycle Crash Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recently released a study from 2015 that details motorcycle accidents across the country. In their report, they describe an 8% increase in motorcycle fatalities from the year before. An estimated 88,000 motorcyclists were injured, and 4,976 others lost their lives in traffic-related accidents. Although motorcycles only make up 3% of all registered vehicles in the United States, motorcyclists accounted for 14% of all traffic fatalities and 4% of all people injured. These statistics reveal the sad truth that motorcycle accidents often cause serious injuries and even death.
Contact McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm
If you or a loved one was involved in a rear-end collision on your motorcycle, you may be entitled to recover significant financial compensation from the responsible party. The Fort Smith motorcycle accident attorneys at McCutchen & Sexton – The Law Firm are prepared to review your claim, and there is no cost unless we secure the money that is owed to you. Schedule a free consultation by calling (479) 783-0036, chatting with us live, or filling out a contact form today.